Mid-Year Freakout Tag – (In Which There Is A Lot Of Flailing, But Not That Much Freaking Out)
Mid-Year Freakout Tag
Wow, somehow we’re already more than halfway through 2018! When did that happen?
Anyways, today I’m doing the mid-year freakout tag! I don’t think I was actually tagged for this by anyone, but I’ve seen it everywhere, so I’m stealing it. The mid-year freakout tag was originally created by A Book So Fathomless.
1. Best book you’ve read so far in 2018?
SO MANY! I simply CAN’T choose just one. So first of all, of course I have to mention Six of Crows, and A darker Shade of Magic, which I can already tell will be all time faves, and also which I have not stopped flailing about since! But those almost feel like they don’t even count.
So my others are:
- Tess of the Road, which was gorgeous and amazing, and I loved it!
- The Nowhere Girls, which was so powerful and spectacular and important!
- Radio Silence was absolutely stunning!
- And, of course, there is A Thousand Perfect Notes, which I literally CANNOT stop flailing about.
2. Best sequel you’ve read so far in 2018?
Gemina (and Obsidio) by Amie Kaufman and Jay Kristoff. It was SUCH a good sequel, and I absolutely ADORED Hanna and Nik! And then Obsidio came, and it was so good, and AHHHHHHHH I LOVE THIS SERIES SO MUCH!!!
3. New release you haven’t read yet, but want to?
All of them? I am soooooo behind on new releases… But here’s a few of the ones I was most excited for that I… Haven’t read yet.
4. Most anticipated release for the second half of the year?
Lady’s Guide is only my most anticipated release of like, ever. Gentleman’s Guide was SO good, and Felicity is AMAZING, and I am SO excited for this one!
5. Biggest disappointment?
Hands down The Queen of Attolia.
I absolutely loved the first book! It was so much fun, and I was so hyped for this one! And wow, did this one flop. It was SO BORING, and the romance was really lame, and they had no chemistry. Ugggghhhh. (You can read my review here)
6. Biggest surprise?
Probably The Abyss Surrounds Us. It was SO underhyped, and I picked it up on a whim after seeing one review, and I had exactly NO expectations. And wow. I adored it. It was an easy five stars, and I have not stopped obsessing about it, and recommending it to everyone! (You can see my review here)
7. Favourite new author? (Debut or new to you)
Well, so, I only read my first Leigh Bardugo book this year… So this award has to go to her…
But if we’re talking debut authors… Then C.G. Drews. Who is literally the only debut author I’ve read a book from the year (because I’m terrible at debuts), but you know what? She would get it anyways, because A thousand Perfect Notes was pretty darn amazing! (and if you haven’t read it yet, you definitely should!)
8. Newest fictional crush?
Um, no one? I don’t really get crushes on fictional characters.
9. Newest favourite character?
The Blackthorns. No, I can’t choose just one of them. THE WHOLE FAMILY IS AMAZING, OKAY?!?! (Except Dru. I don’t care about Dru.)
10. Book that made you cry?
- Tess of the Road was absolutely heartbreaking and beautiful, and it made me cry so hard.
- Crooked Kingdom. The thing at the ending. IT HURT!
- Far From the Tree was so good, and I was just bawling my eyes out over it at two in the morning. The two in the morning part may have made me overly emotional, but the book definitely made me cry. A lot.
11. Book that made you happy?
- Queens of Geek was so geeky and fun, and it just left me feeling so warm and fuzzy and happy inside!
- Leah on the Offbeat was one of my most anticipated release this year, and it (in typical Becky Albertalli style) was so funny and happy and cute.
12. Favourite book to film adaptation you saw this year?
I’ve seen exactly one adaptation this year, but it was everything I could have ever hoped for, and I loved it!
13. Favourite review you’ve written this year?
Er, none of them? I don’t really know. None of my reviews stand out to me…
14. Most beautiful book you’ve bought so far this year (or received)?
These two gorgeous books!
Tess of the Road is gorgeous inside and out, but I absolutely adore the cover for Before She Ignites as well! And it was a good book too, just not as great.
15. What books do you need to read by the end of the year?
All the books on my Summer TBR!
I feel like almost everyone has already done this, but I’m tagging:
- Brianna @ Brianna’s Blog
- Maren @ Ponnies and Potter
- Leonora @ Death by a Thousand Paper Cuts
- Luana @ Bookstormgirl
- Amalee @ Just a Small Town Girl
Oh YES I LOVED A THOUSAND PERFECT NOTES SO MUCH!! aghhh my heart after that book 💔. And you’ve mentioned Tess of the Road so much now I’m excited about it! Again!! I feel like it got a lot of hype before the release and after it kinda died down? And I haven’t heard so many things about it??? hmmm. But you definitely made me wanna pick it up soon!!
Great answers ❤️!
Oh my gosh yes! A Thousand Perfect Notes was so good and SO heartbreaking!! 💔
And ooh, yes, Tess of the Road is amazing!! It’s SUCH a good book, and it is DEFINITELY worth picking up!
Thanks for tagging me!!! And to bad about The Queen of Attolia, I was really looking forward to reading it! But if it’s not really good…😜 would you consider it worth reading?
Don’t know… I’m going to finish the series, and I can let you know what I think then maybe? 😛
This is a fun post! I might steal this tag too; I had so much fun reading your responses! I have Tess of the Road and recently ordered Six of Crows and A Thousand Perfect Notes. I’m looking forward to reading these even more now 🙂
Ooh, all of those are so good! I hope you love them! 🙂
AHHHHHHHH I’M SO HONOURED RIGHT NOW *flails forever and sends you all the cake* 😭❤️Excuse me while I just get emotional at being on a favourite list ajfdksalfd. Ahemmm anyway. I also so so loved reading Leah this year! And also Love Simon WAS SO STINKIN’ ADORABLE. And I’m still reading Obsidio but it’s definitely going to be 5-stars and I’m so destroyed. Also can Felicity’s book come faster?! *tries to sneak into the future and read it*
Your book deserves it 😃
And ahhh, right? Leah and Love, Simon were both just adorably cute, and I loved them! And ADGHFGJFHJADJHFSGJS I WANT LADY’S GUIDE SOOOO BAD!!!
Ahhh thank you for the tag!! 😆 I only read A Darker Shade of Magic this year too, and I LOVED IT SO MUCH!! 😍
No problem! I look forward to seeing your answers if you do it 🙂
And OH MY GOSH I LOVE A DARKER SHADE OF MAGIC SO MUCH!!!!!!!!!
Ahh thank you for the tag!! 😆 I only read A Darker Shade of Magic this year too, and I LOVED IT SO MUCH!! 😍
Oops, posted this twice…
Hahaha, no worries!
YAAAAS ATPN!!! ♥ Also so glad The Abyss Surrounds Us was surprising in a good way–I haven’t read it yet, but I have an ARC of Strutskie’s latest, Hullmetal Girls. I’m hoping it’ll surprise me as well! 🙂
I REALLY want to read Hullmetal Girls too!! Hopefully you enjoy it!
Why is it July already. Why. I need help. A Thousand Perfect Notes!! YES. Beck and Joey ❤ I also love Rhy and Kell from A Darker Shade of Magic… I'm sort of obsessed with sibling relationships in books 🙂
Honestly same! Sibling relationships are my favourite! And Beck and Joey’s relationship is so precious, and Rhy and Kell’s are just amazing!