My Nominations for the 2019 Book Blogger Awards
It’s time for the third annual Book Blogger Awards, and I am so excited! I’ve never actually participated before, but this year they’re being hosted by one of my favourite bloggers, May @ Forever and Everly (who you should 100% go follow, by the way), and I thought it seemed like such a lovely way to show some love for all my favourite bloggers!
Nominations are open until July 20, so you still have time to join in! You can find the rules and categories here.
I’ve tried my hardest to nominate as many people as I can, but I don’t follow all that many blogs, so there are a few repeats on here that were unavoidable *shrugs*
Also like,,, some of y’all fit into a lot of these categories, but I sadly couldn’t actually nominate all of you for all the categories.
(I’m mildly terrified I’m going to forget somebody, so if I don’t mention you I swear I still love you I just have the memory of a goldfish)
Best Teen Book Blogger (13-19)
- N @ Our World of Words – I haven’t been following them for very long, but N writes such great reviews, and also they’re just such a lovely person and I adore them ❤
- Aline @ Fully Booked – Aline’s posts always make me laugh or think (or both), and I’m so excited every time I see one of her posts show up in my inbox. Even if she’s wrong about poutine.
Anyways you should go yell at her to start posting again.
Best Adult Book Blogger (20+)
- Amber @ The Literary Phoenix – Amber was one of the first bloggers I followed, aaaages ago, and I am so glad I did. Her blog is so fun and she’s always so friendly (and I’m in awe of how she manages to consistently blog while still keeping her quality up).
- Virginia @ The Sassy Library Fox – I’m sure a lot of you know Virginia from goodreads, but her blog is also lovely and always puts a smile on my face. Go give her some love y’all.
Best Book Reviews
- Rain @ Bookdragonism – Rain writes the absolute best reviews and she keeps! adding! more! books! to! my! tbr! because she just makes me want to read all her favourites with her wonderfully written reviews
Best Book Recommendations
- Elise @ The Bookish Actress – I’m basically just to a point where if Elise recommends it I read it tbh. After recommending multiple books that have gone on to become some of my favourites, I 100% trust her taste
Best Blog Aesthetic
- Ilsa @ A Whisper of Ink – Ilsa’s blog is so lovely, and I adore her graphics! They are the actual cutest.
- May @ Forever and Everly – A lot of (very deserved) love for May in this post. I love their blog so much, and also it’s so so beautiful. Like hello her graphics are the prettiest and I’m in love 😍
- Swetlana @ The Caffeinated Bookworm Life – Swetlana has had a few lovely blog designs since I started following her, and this current one is especially gorgeous! No matter what she does with it though, I’m always sure to love it ❤
Best Blogging Voice
- Luana @ Bookstormgirl – There is truly no one else like Luana. She has such a strong blogging voice, and her blog never fails to make me laugh (and also
occasionallyoften leave me thinking WTF?? but that’s part of her charm ;P). Also she’s one of my best friends and I adore her. If you aren’t following her yet you are MISSING OUT, and you need to go do that RIGHT NOW.
Okay this one is actually impossible, and I want to nominate ALL my friends for this, but I’m going to use this as a space to nominate a few wonderful people who I adore.
My nominations for this changed approximately twelve million times before I made up my mind, but here are my final choices:
(okay but seriously I love you all and literally anyone I mention in this post (plus probably a few I forgot) 100% deserves this award)
- Dezzy @ The Thoughtful Voice – Dezzy hasn’t blogged for FAR TOO LONG, but I have faith she’ll be back eventually, and she’s the actual sweetest person and I adore her.
- Lost @ Chronicles of Tick Tock – Hello, Lost is the actual kindest sweetest person ever. I literally don’t even know how she puts up with me, but she’s always there for me, and she’s always lovely, and I love her so so much! ❤ Also her blog is so fun!
Friendliest Member of the Community
- Taasia @ Librae Paints Pages – Taasia is such a wonderful human being, and we are so incredibly lucky to have her as a part of our community. Seriously y’all, we don’t deserve her.
Best at Promoting Diverse Books
- Fadwa @ Word Wonders – Fadwa is CONSTANTLY boosting diverse books, and I’ve added so many to my tbr thanks to her.
- Charvi @ Not Just Fiction – I mean first of all Charvi is just the sweetest, but also she’s always yelling about amazing diverse books. Again, she’s added sooo many diverse books to my tbr. She’s also a co-host of the Indian Lit Readathon, which I do not participate in (sorry!) bc I don’t really do readathons, but is nonetheless an amazingly cool thing
Best New Book Blogger
- Laura @ Laura Herondale’s Book Blog – Laura’s been a bit inactive lately (POST AGAIN GODDAMMIT LAURA, DON’T DEPRIVE ME LIKE THIS), and I’ve read like two of her posts (fake friend, I know), but said posts were amazing, and also she’s just one of my favourite people, so obviously I needed to nominate her. And I can assure you, she is never boring.
(altho she apparently dislikes one of my all time favourite characters, so take her taste with a grain of salt ;P)
Best Small Book Blogger
- Leonora @ Death by a Thousand Paper Cuts – Leonora just has such an enjoyable writing style, and I’m always happy to see another of her posts show up in my inbox. Her blog is criminally underrated, and y’all should go follow her asap.
Best Overall Book Blogger
This award was extremely hard to nominate people for, as I wanted to nominate ALL OF YOU, but I eventually settled on three of the bloggers I’ve been following longest (and adored that whole time)
- Swetlana @ The Caffeinated Bookworm Life – I swear, it doesn’t matter how little the topic interests me, I will read anything Swetlana posts. Her blog is just so incredibly enjoyable and all around awesome.
- Lu @ It’s Lu Again – Hello I love Lu with all my heart, and their blog is literally so funny and wonderful and pretty and ahhhh!I’m always thrilled to see one of their posts show up in my inbox.
- May @ Forever and Everly – May was one of the very first bloggers I followed, about two years ago now, and they have consistently remained one of my absolute favourite bloggers. They post amazing discussions, great reviews, and give great recs. Also she perfectly appeals to my sense of humour. And of course is just a wonderful, lovely person who I adore ❤ ❤
So those are my nominations! This was genuinely one of the hardest posts I have ever written, because choosing who to nominate was incredibly difficult (not to mention all the rearranging I had to do as I realized I’d missed someone/failed to put people in the most accurate categories/accidently nominated the same person for like five different awards/etc), but I think this is such a great way to spread the blogging love, and I’m so glad I’m participating.
And again, if I missed you, I’m sorry, I love you, I have the memory of a goldfish.
Sorry WHAT!?! IRIS YOU ARE THE CUTEST I ACC CANNOT RIGHT NOW 😂😍 LOTS OF LOVE AND HUGS XXX
Excuse me you were the OBVIOUS nomination here. Ahhhh I love youuuuu! ❤️
THIS MEANS SO MUCH TO ME 😭 I often think that my book reviews aren’t *good enough* but I’m so glad that you find them helpful. I’ll always be here to add books to your TBR by the way. THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR THE NOMINATION, IRIS! Love ya so much 😭💖
Literally your reviews are so enjoyable and I love them so much. Even if they are destroying my tbr one book at a time… *glares*
Hi it’s me again saying thank you and telling you this has made my month and your blog is super great too okay bye *hides*
Aww that makes me so happy ❤
*casually follows everyone*
There are so many people here I have never stumbled across! 😀 Thank you for the nomination, love. I’m always excited to see your comments! 😀 😀 😀
Ahhh I’m glad! I love all these bloggers so much! And of course I nominated you ❤
Aahh IRIS!!! I don’t even know what to say 😭😭 Your words are so kind and I feel so blessed to know you!! Your support has always meant the world to me, and this just tops it all off. Thank you so, so much (and thank you for participating in the awards!) 💖💕
I love youuuuu 💖
This is so cool! I must admit I don’t know most of these blogs, but I love May @ Forever and Everly! They’re so lovely and I always enjoy reading new posts. Now I have a whole bucket load of new blogs to check out 🙂
Yass! These blogs are all wonderful, and you should definitely go check them out 🙂
Omg you have no idea how happy it makes me that you nominated me for promoting diverse books! I mean I’ve got nominated for a teen blogger but this is even better 😭❤️ I feel like my job is done if people feel that I promote diverse books!!
ily ❤️❤️ And I mean you literally never shut up about diverse books (which is a compliment obviously) so how could I NOT nominate you for this one?? You’re such a champion for them always ❤
Sorry for not having seen this sooner!!! Thank you so much for nominating me, you’re such a sweetheart 💗💗💗
Ahhhh no need to apologize! Ily ❤ ❤